While AmeriHealth encourages all customers who are able to pay their premiums on time to continue to do so, they understand the toll the COVID‑19 crisis is taking on many businesses. AmeriHealth wants to help mutual customers in need with the opportunity to take advantage of a AmeriHealth Deferred Payment Program for fully insured small groups and large group customers.
Under this program, AmeriHealth New Jersey will make available to fully insured group customers an extended 60‑day grace period, which can be applied to the April or May 2020 premium payment.
For customers who participate in the program, the deferred April or May 2020 premium payment from the extended 60‑day grace period must be paid by December 1, 2020. The deferred premium is payable in monthly installments beginning June 1 through December 1, 2020. Interested customers will be asked to sign a Deferred Premium Program Agreement (“Program Agreement”), which sets out the terms of the extended 60‑day grace period for premium payments including payment requirements.
The key terms of the AmeriHealth Deferred Payment Program are:
· Eligible customers include fully insured small group and large group customers.
· To be eligible, a customer must be paid to date, including its March 2020 premium, if deferring the April 2020 premium payment or paid to date, including its April 2020 premium, if deferring the May 2020 premium payment.
· Upon request, qualifying, fully insured customers will be given the opportunity to defer their April or May 2020 premium payment.
· The customer must execute a Program Agreement with AmeriHealth New Jersey under which AmeriHealth New Jersey makes available an extended 60‑day grace period for the April or May premium payment and the customer agrees to pay the deferred premium payment for the selected month by December 1, 2020.
· Large Group Customers: For large group customers (51+) to be eligible for the Deferred Premium Program, the large group must provide an attestation signed by its senior financial officer or certified public accountant stating that it is experiencing a financial hardship caused by COVID‑19.
· For customers electing to defer their April or May 2020 premium payment, the deferred premium payment must be paid in full by December 1, 2020. The deferred premium payments will need to be paid in monthly installments beginning June 1 through December 1, 2020.
· Monthly premium payments and deferred premium installment payments for June through December 2020 must be paid on the respective due dates or the customer will enter delinquency and be subject to termination.
IMPORTANT: PROCESS FOR SUBMITTING INFORMATION
Submissions and Deadlines
AmeriHealth has asked Precision Benefits Group to handle all submissions on behalf of our broker partners.
Contact us to discuss the requirements for submission and to learn about your submission deadline.